The mission of UFSC Office of Institutional Security (SSI) is to promote and maintain the safety of people, facilities and equipment on UFSC campuses, by applying a set of measures and activities through prior planning and continuous inspection, in order to provide UFSC with the necessary level of security for the development of its administrative, teaching, research and outreach activities.
The main responsibilities of SSI are:
- establish the planning lines for all specific types of security: physical, strategic and special.
- plan, coordinate, control and systematize all procedures relating to the security of the university community, authorities and people circulating on the university campus, as well as of the facilities, materials and equipment;
- schedule and request vehicles and security equipment for the efficient and effective performance of its activities, including specific equipment against attacks;
- plan and develop programs against accidents, panic and fire at UFSC;
- integrate the various sectors involved directly or indirectly with personal and property security;
- promote the integration with public or private, national or international institutions, internal or external sectors, or other security bodies whose activities are of interest to UFSC, in a context of integrated public security management;
- carry out operational activities related to institutional security.